Welcome to enroll in our program!
Welcome to Beijing Mandarin! We thank you for your interest in enrolling in our program for your child(ren).
Beijing Mandarin is a well-developed learning centre that teaches Mandarin Chinese to children from ages 2 to 14. Since its inception in 1992, BM has been dedicated to its commitment to high-quality Mandarin Chinese instruction. We promise to deliver excellent Chinese programs to every child we enroll. We promise to expand the world for our students, opening doors for their future.
Our team inspires a lifelong love of Chinese language learning by providing a friendly, caring, and nurturing environment. We hope you let us provide the gift of Chinese to your child by joining our unique and comprehensive training program.
What makes Beijing Mandarin programs outstanding?
- BM is the most experienced and reputable Chinese language curriculum provider in Hong Kong for young learners
- BM’s innovative SREAM methodology produces learning outcomes 2-3 times more quickly than the conventional method, conserving children’s golden learning time and saving parents’ educational investment
- BM has designed a structured, logical, and consistent pipeline curriculum for international children learning Chinese that really works
- Our program offers a specialized, combined pipeline of teaching resources (My Fun Chinese and Chinese 1-2-Tree) for Prek to Grade 8 international students as well as our proprietary Chinese text leveling system
Don’t waste your child’s time! Contact Us now and let us work with you to start delivering the most valuable gift that you can prepare for your child – speaking Chinese.
Our programs are pipelined for PreK-G8
1. Young Learners Chinese Pipeline Programs 1-1.5 hrs
||Baby First Chinese
||My Fun Chinese
||5-9 years / PreK – Grade 3
||My Smart Chinese
||10-13 years / Grade 3-Grade 6
||Int’l Exam Prep course
||for middles school students, ages 12-15
Assessment, placement, and replacement are required.
Once a week for core content systematic learning
2-3 times a week for a systematic and comprehensive learning
Students lacking environmental Chinese support are recommended to take lessons 2-3 times a week.
2. Customized Program / School Work Tutoring / Chinese Exams Preparation 1.5 hrs – 3hrs class
Course arrangement upon assessments and cases. Feature courses and workshops are available for specific areas of learning.
Our Curricula Alignment
Our curricula and accompanying learning resources My Fun Chinese and Chinese 1-2-Tree are aligned with multiple Chinese testing systems, including IBPYP, I/GCSE, CEFR, HSK, and YCT which are processes in teaching Vocabulary, Fluency, Scaffold Leveled Reading, grammar, and sentence structures which supported with printable teacher guides and student worksheets and online exercises and assessments resources.
We assign suitable stem textbooks and learning materials as we are aware of the different learners’ capacities for taking learning workload. Our programs are supported by 3 types of teaching resources. For pipeline young learners of Chinese program, we use our reputable publications My Fun Chinese. We also use the past papers from Int’l Chinese Examinations Boards and books from other reputable publishers for additional references.
Beijing Mandarin YLC Certificate Test Program
Certificate Test: Young Learners Chinese (YLC) for 6-12 years
Starter (6+), Mover (8+), and Achiever (9+)
Our Method & Approach
Content programming and delivery: SREM© innovative language teaching methodology for target language resulted in 2-3 times faster than the conventional method.
Instructional approach: Inquiry-based, Total Physical Response, fun, and interactive.
Course Process Cycle: Assessing > Base Setting > Structured Instruction > Making Progress
Attending Our Program
1. Hong Kong-based learning centres
2. Online LIVE
3. Go to China Immersion Program
Schedules & Fees
For the Chinese pipeline program: Invoiced termly or package prepaid
For school work tuition / Exams Prep / Customized Program: invoiced packaged prepaid
For feature courses & workshops: invoiced for the entire workshop prepaid
Our classes are grouped by students’ age and Chinese level. Assessment and/or Trial lessons will be scheduled for the entry placement. The replacement could be done based on the student’s performance and the teacher’s opinion.
Class Mode & Attendance Requirement
For meeting our students’ diversity in Chinese language learning capacity, needs, and time preferences while keeping good learning progress, all classes are mini-group sized for 2-5 students or one-on-one private classes. We nurture students’ confidence in Chinese language ability with core and essential materials and well-structured instruction. For making the program successful, we request that attendance must be reached 90% or above.
Homework/Assignment, Quiz/TEST & How parents could help
Normally homework will be assigned after the classes for students 4 years old or above. Supervision from parents or helpers is highly encouraged as it can influence the child to make better progress. Test or challenge what your child learned would be discouraged.
Quizzes and periodical tests will be arranged for students 8 years old or above. The performance for the assignment and the exam are the important materials for the tuition execution and the learning process.
- How do I sign up program for my child? You will need to fill in a registration form for the enrolling student. This can be done online at Registration Online or in person at our Learning Centre.
- What is the class size? Depending on the age of students and class content, we generally welcome a minimum of 2 students and a maximum of 5 students in a class and ensure that teacher: student ratios are suitable for effective learning.
- What program offer to students, and how long is a program? Beijing Mandarin runs regular pipeline programs for PreK-8 students all year long. It is most effective for students learning to complete the full curriculum non-stop at each level. You may liaise with us for direct and ongoing feedback.
- How many lessons does my child need to attend? This varies for each child and is dependent on the goal of the student that he or she is targeting. Frequent and concentrated lessons may be beneficial while students can normally take lessons once a week. A free assessment session can pinpoint the right amount of instruction your child needs. Also, we recommend a minimum of two terms (six months) for positive results.
- What is the difference between a private lesson and a regular course? In a regular course, the timeslot, teacher, and teaching materials are prepared according to the course syllabus. Students are recommended to join a regular course because learning with peers environment can be positive and are also less costly. Private lessons are comparatively more flexible as students can choose their preferred timeslot, teacher, and which syllabus to follow at their own pace. Private lessons are especially ideal for students whose academic level is higher or lower compared to their peers or who have special learning needs.
- What is the difference between Onsite and Online classes? Onsite classes are only for Hong Kong residential students and are more direct and interactive between teacher and student. Online classes are provided broadly for students who cannot attend our onsite classes. Online classes can save time and cost from travel while students need to be more self-discipline and responsible. Teachers and students have increased collaboration and there is more repetition access to course materials.
- How is the teaching effective with only one student in the class and no interaction with peers? With only one child, teachers can get to know their students better and can build stronger relationships, and can address directly the weak area of the student. The class will remain open for enrolment and you can refer a friend to join us!
- How does a teacher effectively teach group students? Group classes are generally active and fun and are required to stimulate learning and teamwork. Our teacher organize the classes and provide students with opportunities to collaborate and learn from others.
- Can my child still catch up and learn effectively if they enroll in the middle of the term? Yes, our teachers will help them to catch up and review any content that they have missed. They won’t miss any part of the full term’s curriculum.
- Can a student join a regular course in the middle of a term? Is this a block to the student’s progress? Yes. The students can join the course in the middle based on the assessment result as a recommendation. Students joining mid-course may only experience some initial engagement difficulties due to missed lessons. However, this can be easily resolved as new students can be helped by the teacher and also can request teaching materials distributed in previous lessons. Nonetheless, we strongly recommend students join our courses from the beginning or as close to the start of the term as possible.
- What happens if the student cannot attend a paid lesson? The rescheduling of lessons can only be granted if the rescheduled request is made with 3 days prior notice. Special and extenuating cases are also permitted for rescheduling. For example, if a student has fallen ill, BM can reschedule the lesson at no extra charge within 7 days provided that there is an official doctor’s note. Otherwise, paid lessons are not eligible for rescheduling or refunds. Please understand this is our company policy and is applied to every student.
- Can I make up missed classes due to bad weather? We are unable to offer make-up classes due to enforced closures that are beyond our control, including black rain and typhoon signal number 8 and higher.
- Can my child attend the class if they are underage but have the high ability? We aim to provide an effective and consistent learning environment for children grouped within a similar age range and language background. However, each child may be assessed on their individual ability and parents may request this option.
- Can my child be in a lower-level class although overage, based on my assessment of my child’s ability? Yes, you can. We instruct students in accordance with their aptitude and teachers continually assess the student’s development for progression.
- Can the parent/caregiver sit inside the classroom since my child want to be accompanied? Students are encouraged to attend classes by themselves to help them develop independence. Our well-trained teachers will assist them to adjust fully. Parents/caregivers are welcome to stay nearby on the premises should they be required.
- What if my child’s native language is not Mandarin Chinese and they may not understand everything in class? Our teaching methods arouse students’ interest and provide them with the motivation to learn. Teachers help students understand with body language and all sorts of different teaching aids. A creative and nurturing atmosphere is the ideal environment to learn a new language.What do teachers do if a child keeps crying in class and continue to focus on their teaching? All our teachers are qualified and have professional training in classroom management. If a student is disrupting a class in any way, the teacher will assess the situation and act accordingly. If necessary, an assistant teacher or other staff will supervise the child in order to avoid disrupting the others in the class.
- Another student in the class is affecting my child’s experience. How can you help? Please reach out to us to discuss this. We will investigate the issue. We always strive to provide excellent learning experiences to every child.
- What structure is used to teach my child in regular courses during class time? Usually, part of the class is devoted to teaching regular curriculum, and part of the class covers a practice with specific content.
- How do all children learn effectively if the age range for a class or workshop is broad? All the curriculum and teaching methods for our classes and workshops are planned thoroughly in advance and teachers are experienced in catering specifically to the children in the class. Depending on the content and the ages of the children, teachers ensure that every child participates fully and maximizes their own learning.
REPORT, CERTIFICATES & REFERENCE LETTER
- Do you provide progress reports? Student’s learning progress reports for parents’ supervision of their child’s learning are distributed routinely at end of June, and Dec for a student who attends 12 or above classes during the academic period. The teaching plan for the following term is also present for parents’ reference.
- Do you provide certificates and reference letters after attending your classes? The certificate will be issued upon the completion of the course. The reference letter will be issued upon the student’s request.
- Do the learning materials and syllabuses from the program correspond with the curriculum that my child follows at school? For courses, teachers use a pre-determined course syllabus (with accompanying material), which may or may not follow directly with the students’ school syllabus. However, apart from teaching core content to students, teachers also devote some attention to helping students with their own homework or answering individual questions.
- Can I request the teacher to help my child with his/her own school curriculum? Most students enrolled in private lessons, prefer teachers to help them with their school curriculum. Students and parents can easily request that our teachers prepare materials according to the syllabus they would like to follow. It is paramount that students and parents communicate clearly and early with teachers about the curriculum they desire. If teachers are not informed which syllabus or materials to use, they will prepare lessons to strengthen core content using Beijing Mandarin-designed materials.
- are your teachers qualified? Our teachers have native proficiency in Chinese and speak native standard Mandarin. They are experienced, well-trained, and possess a minimum of a university degree. With Beijing Mandarin’s non-stop in-house training they provide students with exposure to an international Chinese immersion learning environment. They are friendly, easy-going, and dedicated professionals for Chinese education instruction.
- Why can’t I arrange lessons with the teachers directly? Teachers are solely responsible for academic matters. All scheduling and payment-related issues are handled by BM’s administration staff. Teachers’ schedules are subject to school timetables.
- Do I have to pay the enrollment Fee? The enrollment fee entitles your child to join our programs and receive all the associated benefits, such as instructional materials, and online platforms. Every child is required to pay the enrollment fee when they first join.
- Can I pay class by class or for a partial term only rather than for a whole term? You may pay for one class as a trial, but regular enrolment is by term in order to complete the full curriculum for the most effective learning.
- Can I receive a refund for class cancellation/changes? We are unable to offer refunds, but depending on the specific circumstances, you may request a credit or arrange make-up classes subject to availability.
- How can I pay for a lesson? Beijing Mandarin offers a range of payment methods, including:
Online Payment, Bank Transfer, By ATM, Cheque by Post, OR In-person (WeChat Pay, Visa, Mastercard, Cash or cheques) at our front desk.
- Parents should complete and sign the enrolment form and mail/email/WhatsApp it to us with tuition fees. The new registration will be processed immediately for the level appropriate entry placement and for reserving the space in Beijing Mandarin’s program with a refundable deposit of HK$500.
- The enrolment will be successful only when the Enrollment Form is completed, signed, and returned by the student’s parent/guardian with a refundable deposit of HK$500.00 and full tuition fees enclosed..
PAYMENT OF FEES
- Tuition fees are charged on a monthly basis, payable before the first day of the term in which the student is attending classes. For students who enroll part way through the term, parents may pay pro-rata for the remaining classes for the term, or arrange a few catch-up private classes to achieve the same level as the other students in the class.
- Tuition fees must be paid in full before students may attend classes. We reserve the right to refuse entry to students if fees have not been paid on or before the first day of each term. All regular classes should be consumed in 6 months from the 1st lesson due in terms of the invoice issued. We regret that we cannot, under any circumstances, give refunds for classes already paid for.
- For payment, we accept cash, online banking transfers, credit cards/PayPal, transfers through ATM, or cheques. Please make cheque payable to Beijing Mandarin Ltd. The information for making the payment in detail is stated in the invoices for your easier reference
- We assume that the student will continue with classes from term to term unless you notify us otherwise in writing. We require 14 days’ written notice prior to the date the student is leaving, or fees will be charged as usual. Where 14 days’ notice is given, any remaining pre-paid tuition fees will be credited to your account. Credits unused within 12 months after the student’s last class will be forfeited and retained by Beijing Mandarin.
- We regret that we cannot, under any circumstances, a refund for classes already paid for. As an alternative, make-up classes can be arranged within the pre-paid period. We require 14-day’s written notice prior to the date the student is leaving, or fees for the scheduled classes will be charged as usual.
- The payment for those discounted packaged programs, however, the remaining pre-paid tuition fees can be refunded with HK$500 administration fees applied and the discount will be forfeited for the refund.
CHANGES AND CANCELLATION
- Once the schedule of the classes for the paid term is accepted and confirmed by the student, the classes should be due as it is scheduled. The change, cancellation, and the makeup for a class have to be confirmed by both parties prior to the scheduled class for 24 hours at least.
- Changes the student/parent(s) make to a scheduled class due to a student’s inability to attend for reasons such as school activities, field trips, sickness (unless a doctor’s note is provided), or activities scheduling conflicts, we charge a HK$50 administrative fee for each change request that made starting from the 2nd change within the paid term.
- For a scheduled class to be missed, we must be informed at least 24 hours in advance Monday to Friday, and in writing so that we can schedule the make-up or the private catch-up class. If the student is absent without a notice 24 hours prior to the class due time, the full fee will be charged and there will be no refunds, credits, and no make-up to be arranged.
- Make-up classes must be taken within the pre-paid term and cannot be carried over to the next term. We can arrange make-up classes only for students who miss their regular classes either through sickness or travel overseas. We cannot arrange make-ups for other reasons.
- A maximum of two make-up may be made per every 10 lessons or per packaged term, regardless of the reason for the make-ups. Make-up classes must be taken within the month and cannot be carried over to the next month/term.
- If our available dates for make-up classes do not match the student’s availability, we cannot guarantee a replacement class. Space available is on a first-come, first-served basis. We are sorry that no further arrangements will be made once the rescheduling or make-up class has been confirmed.
- Please be noted fees cannot be automatically deducted if the student misses any classes due to any reason. Missed classes and make-up classes cannot be accumulated to offset the tuition fees for the following term. Also, we cannot reschedule a missed or pre-arranged make-up class.
- For students enrolling in short-term courses or holiday workshops, we regret no make-up classes are offered for any missed classes.
OPERATIONS AND PROGRAMS
- All lesson inquiries and bookings should be made through our administrative staff rather than our teachers. Teachers are only responsible for academic matters and their teaching schedules.
- Our operations hours are 9:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., Monday to Friday, and 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Saturday in time zone GMT+8:00. Tuition can be provided outside these hours at a special request.
- Beijing Mandarin is closed only on the public holidays stated in the calendar of Hong Kong unless the written notice is announced. Under urgent circumstances, you may always phone us at 2865 1660 or 9344 9631 for immediate assistance.
- Special courses or the featured program may be conducted during Christmas; Chinese New Year and Easter Holidays. Please feel free to contact us for details or for your own specific needs.
HOLIDAYS AND PROGRAMS DURING HOLIDAYS
- Beijing Mandarin is closed only on all public holidays stated in the calendar of Hong Kong unless the written notice is announced. If one of the classes in the term is unavailable due to a public holiday, this class may be made up anytime during the payment term. Please arrange with us in advance.
- Special courses or feature programs may be conducted during Christmas; Chinese New Year and Easter Holidays. Interest parties please contact us prior to the holidays coming.
- We do not hold classes when the warnings for black rain or typhoon signal number 8 or higher have been raised. Classes will resume two hours after the warnings have been lifted.
- We regret that we cannot arrange make-up classes for these enforced closures or other acts of nature beyond our control.
DROP OFF, ACCOMPANY AND PICK UP YOUR CHILD
- Students may enter the centres 5 minutes before the class starts and should be collected on time.
- Children under 2 years may be accompanied by a caregiver in class. Caregivers of children aged 2-3 years should stay on our premises while their children are in class.
- An adult escort can stay in the waiting area and wait for the child while remaining silent.
FOOD AND DRINK
- Students are generally not permitted to eat in class, as food provides a distraction to others and may be dangerous if certain students are allergic to the food being consumed. A bottle of water could be carried into the class.
- Snacks occasionally may be provided to students as part of a special occasion or longer class session in our centres if necessary. Please advise us concerning food allergies or dietary restrictions for your children, if any.
PHOTOS AND OTHER MEDIA
- We reserve the right to use photos, videos, and/or sound recordings of children and their artwork, performances, or classes, for teacher training, curriculum, and/or promotional purposes, unless otherwise informed in advance by you in writing.
- Images, videos, and/or sound recordings of students and their work are the property of Beijing Mandarin. We reserve the right to use above mentioned for teacher training, curriculum development, and/or our own publication purposes unless we are given any instructions in writing.
- We reserve the right to dispose of or use any students’ work not collected within one month from the last class attended.
- Parents may take photographs, videos, and recordings but only focus on their own children, and not on the other students in the class. Any media used must not cause a distraction to teachers, or other students, or interrupt the class format, and may not be used for commercial or financial gain. You must respect the proprietary nature of all the classes taught at Beijing Mandarin and not infringe on copyright, registration marks, and trademarks.
OBLIGATION AND DISCLAIMER
- We reserve the right to replace instructors and reschedule the course. After students stop attending lessons in Beijing Mandarin, within 12 months, students or parents should not employ directly or indirectly our current teachers or teachers that have left us no more than 6 months. Beijing Mandarin and its teachers are in agreement with this.
- All participants enrolled in programs at Beijing Mandarin do so at their own risk and the company is not responsible for any loss, damage, or injury to students, their family members, and guests as a result of participating in these activities.
- These terms and conditions apply to regular Beijing Mandarin programs only. And these terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without prior written notice from Beijing Mandarin.
ENTER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
* I have read and agreed to all the terms and conditions given.
* I grant permission for any photographs taken of my child in the problem to be used for future promotional reasons.
For any questions, please feel free to contact us at (852)2865 1660 or email us at CS@BeijingMandarin.com.
Wish you having a good time with us. Thank you!