|Baby First Chinese
2.5 – 4.5 Y.O.
|9:10-10:25 am; 1:20-2:35 pm
(75 mins class)
|My Fun Chinese
K3 – G5/Y6
|My Fun Chinese
G1/Y2 – G5/Y6
|My Smart Chinese
G5/Y6 – G8/Y9
We are committed to doing good Chinese programs. We actively pursue the quality of Chinese instruction.
Our Method & Approach
For content: SREM© innovative methodology for the target language resulted in 2-3 times faster.
For Instruction: Inquiry-based, Total Physical Response, fun, and interactive.
Process for teaching: Assessing > Step-stone stetting > Structured developing > Goal getting.
Our program and curriculum are for Chinese language education in which pipelines grades K-12
1. Young Learner Chinese Pipeline Program
Assessment, placement, and replacement required for entry of the program
The class frequency for the regular pipelined program
Once a week for core content learning for systematic and step by step learning.
Twice or more times a week for systematic and rich/comprehensive learning.
Students lacking environmental Chinese support are strongly recommended to take lessons twice or more times a week. Assessment and placement are required for entry into the program.
2. Customized Program / School Work Tuition / Chinese Examinations Courses
||45 mins – 1.5hrs class
||for lower primary Chinese tuition and/or tailor-made tuition
||1.5 – 3hrs class
||for comprehensive Chinese learning and/or Chinese exam preparation
||Convenient Punch Card
||10 times for a 45 mins-Instant Private Tuition. Tuition upon appointments
3. Features Course & Workshop
1.5 hours or 2 1/4 hours class
Feature courses and workshops are available for specific areas of learning.
For those who have special learning need or requirement for career development or personal pleasure, we assure that the customized program can be provided. Please feel free to talk to us.
We do graded-level and placement for all students K-12 for Chinese language education.
All our classes are grouped by students’ age and Chinese level. Assessment and/or Trial Lesson will be scheduled for the entry placement. The replacement could be done based on the student’s performance and the teacher’s opinion.
Class Mode & Attendance Requirement
For meeting our students’ diversity in Chinese language learning capacity, needs, time preference while keeping good learning progress, all classes are mini-group sized for 2-5 students or one-on-one private class. We nurture students’ confidence in Chinese language ability with core and essential materials and well-structured instruction. For making the program successful, we request the attendance must be reached at 90% or above.
Homework/Assignment, Quiz/Exam & How parents could help
Normally homework will be assigned after the classes for students 4 years old or above. The supervision from parents or helpers is highly encouraged as it can influence the child to make better progress. Test or challenge what your child learned would be discouraged. Quiz and periodical exams will be arranged for students 5 years old or above. The performance for the assignment and the exam are the important materials for the tuition’s execution and the learning process.
Report, Certificates & Reference Letter
The students’ progress reports are for parents’ supervision on our teaching and their child’s learning. They are distributed in mid of April, July, and Dec for a student who attends 8 or above classes during the academic period. The teaching plan for the following term is also present for comment at the lower part of the report. The certificate will be issued upon the completion of the course. The reference letter will be issued upon the student’s request.
Schedules & Fees
For Chinese Pipelined Program: Invoiced termly or package prepaid
For school work tuition / Exams Prep / Customized Program: invoiced packaged prepaid
For feature courses & workshops: invoiced for the entire workshop prepaid.
There are 3 types of resources applied in our programs. For the pipelined young learners Chinese program we use our own publications. We also use the past papers from Int’l Chinese Examinations Boards and books from other reputable publishers. Material costs are covered by the tuition fees, except those books that are officially published. We assign suitable stem textbooks and the learning materials as we are aware of the different learners’ capacities for the learning workload.
Certificate Test: Young Learners Chinese (YLC) for ages 6-12
For ages 6-12: Starter (6+), Mover (8+), and Achiever (9+)
Means for attending our program
1. Hong Kong-based learning centers
2. WebCampus LIVE online
3. Go China Immersion Program
Our Teachers Qualifications
All our teachers are native-fluent, well-trained, and possess a minimum of a university degree
They work full time with Beijing Mandarin. And they are friendly, experienced, and dedicated professionals for Chinese education instruction. On top of that, the BM teaching force remains its tradition for the teaching study and job training weekly basis for keeping them updated.
(For programs held in Hong Kong, Effective in January 2015)
- The new registration will be processed immediately for the level appropriate entry placement and for reserving the space in Beijing Mandarin’s program with a refundable deposit of HK$500.00
- The enrolment will be successful only when the Enrollment Form is completed, signed, and returned by the student’s parent/guardian with a refundable deposit of HK$500.00 and full tuition fees enclosed
TUITION AND FEES
- Our Program follows the grade-level curriculum for Chinese studies Pre K-12. Our courses, regardless of the types (e.g. modules, private lessons), are designed to be continuous for any individual subject for maximum benefit. We assume that the student will continue the course from term to term unless we are notified otherwise in writing. In order to not affect your child’s learning, all COURSES will be conducted on the following term as usual for late payment and tuition fees will be charged as usual. Parents make a payment on time is highly appreciated
- Tuitions Fees: for Young Learners Chinese Pipelines Program, the fees are charged on a monthly or termly basis; for School Work Tuition or Customized Program, the fees are charged on a monthly or packaged basis; for Featured Course/Workshop, the fees are collected in full amount as well as the Punch Card (contains 10 times for a 30 mins instant individual tuition upon the appointment)
- For fees charged in the package for the discount, it contains a certain amount of sessions for the lessons so as to meet the varieties of the learning needs and the budgets. The class time and its validation in duration for the package are set to meet individuals’ learning pace. For details please check with us
- Materials costs are excluded from the tuition fees unless specified
- All payment should be made before the first class due day for the term. For students who enroll Partway through the term, parents may either pay the pro rata for the remaining classes for the term or arrange a few catch-up private classes to achieve the same level as the other students in the class
- For payment, we accept bank transfers, credit cards/PayPal, or cheques. The information in details for making the payment is stated in the invoices for your easier reference
DEPOSIT AND REFUND
- We require a refundable deposit of $500 per student in order to reserve the space in Beijing Mandarin
- Your deposit will be returned, provided you give no less than 21-day’s written notice before the student’s last class. The deposit refund will be arranged within one month after the last class due day
- For the deposit unclaimed within 12-month after the student’s last class, the deposit shall be forfeited and retained by Beijing Mandarin
LEAVING BEIJING MANDARIN
- We regret that we cannot, under any circumstances, a refund for classes already paid for. As an alternative, make-up classes can be arranged within the pre-paid period
- We require 21-day’s written notice prior to the date the student is leaving, or fees will be charged as usual. Where 21 days written notice is given, your $500 program deposit and any remaining pre-paid tuition fees will be credited to your account for your future use
- For payment for the discounted packaged program, however, the remaining pre-paid tuition fees can be refunded with HK$500 administration fees applied and the discount will be forfeited for the refund
CHANGES AND CANCELLATION
- The schedule of the classes for the paid term once is accepted and confirmed by the student, the classes should be due as it is. The change, cancellation, and the makeup for a class has to be confirmed by both parties prior to the scheduled class 24 hours at least
- Changes the student/parent(s) make to a scheduled class due to a student’s inability to attend for reasons such as school activities, field trips, sickness (unless a doctor’s note is provided), or activities scheduling conflicts, we charge a $50 administrative fee for each change request made starting from the 2nd within the paid term
ABSENCE AND MAKE-UP CLASSES
- If the student is absent without a notice 24 hours prior to the class due time, the full fee will be charged and there will be no refunds, credits, and no make-up to be arranged. Fees cannot be automatically deducted if the student misses any classes due to any reasons
- For a scheduled class to be missed, we must be informed at least 24 hours in advance within Monday to Friday and in writing so that we can schedule the make-up or the private catch-up class
- A maximum of two make-ups may be made per every 8 lessons or per term, regardless of the reason for the make-ups
- Make-up classes must be taken within the pre-paid term and cannot be carried over to the next term
- If our available dates for the make-up lessons do not match the student’s availability, we cannot guarantee a replacement class. We are sorry that no further arrangement will be made once rescheduling or make-up class has been confirmed
- Please note the missed classes and make-up classes cannot be accumulated to offset the tuition fees for the following term
- For students enrolling in the short-term course or holiday workshops, we regret no make-up classes are offered for any missed classes
OPERATIONS AND PROGRAMS IN HOLIDAYS
- All lesson inquiries and bookings should be made through our administrative staff rather than our teachers. Teachers are only responsible for academic matters and their teaching schedules
- Our operations hours are 9:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., Monday to Friday, and 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Saturday in time zone GMT+8:00. Tuition can be provided outside these hours at a special request.
- Beijing Mandarin is closed only on the public holidays stated in the calendar of Hong Kong unless the written notice announced. Under the urgent circumstance, you may always phone us at 2865 1660 or 9344 9631 for immediate assistance
- Special courses or the featured program may be conducted during Christmas; Chinese New Year and Easter Holidays. Please feel free to contact us for details or for your own specific needs
- We do not hold classes when the warnings for black rain or typhoon signal number 8 or higher have been raised. Classes will resume two hours after the warnings have been lifted
- We regret that we cannot arrange make-up classes for these enforced closures or other acts of nature beyond our control
HOLIDAYS AND PROGRAMS IN HOLIDAYS
- Beijing Mandarin is closed only on all public holidays stated in the calendar of Hong Kong unless the written notice announced. If one of the classes in the term is unavailable due to a public holiday, this class may be made up anytime during the payment term. Please arrange with us in advance
- Special courses or feature programs may be conducted during Christmas; Chinese New Year and Easter Holidays. Please contact us for further details
Class time, pick up and drop ofF
- Students may enter the centres 5 minutes before the class starts and should be collected on time
- Adult escortor can stay in the waiting area and wait for the child while remaining silent.
FOOD AND DRINK
- Students are generally not permitted to eat in class, as food provides a distraction to others and maybe dangerous if certain students are allergic to the food being consumed. A bottle of water could be carried into the class
- Snacks may be provided to young students in our centres if necessary. Please advise us concerning food allergies or dietary restrictions for your children, if any.
PHOTOS AND OTHER MEDIA
- Images, videos, and/or sound recordings of students and their work are the property of Beijing Mandarin. We reserve the right to use above mentioned for teacher training, curriculum development, and/or our own publication purposes unless we are given any instructions in writing
- We reserve the right to dispose of or use any students’ work not collected within one month from the last class attended
OBLIGATION AND DISCLAIMER
- We reserve the right to replace instructors and reschedule the course. After students stop attending lessons in Beijing Mandarin, within a year, students or parents should not employ directly or indirectly our current teachers or teachers that have left us no more than 6 months. Beijing Mandarin and its teachers are in agreement with this
- These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without prior written notice from Beijing Mandarin. For any questions or doubts, please feel free to contact us at (852)2865 1660 or email us at CS@BeijingMandarin.com
Wish you having a good time with us. Thank you!